Here’s Why Wearing Your Face Cover Will Flatten the Curve
Even when things slowly return to normal, we expect that we’ll need to wear face covers for a while—perhaps months or until the end of the year. Wearing a face cover can help flatten the curve and slow the spread of COVID-19.
In April 2020, the CDC recommended all Americans wear cloth face covers and practice social distancing to help stop COVID-19 from spreading further.
After the president declared a state of national emergency, BELLA+CANVAS shifted our manufacturing focus from T-shirts to non-medical face covers literally overnight—on a massive scale—to help solve the shortage.
Now, we’re making 20 million face covers every day.
But first, we got a crash course in all things masks. We did extensive research. We talked to experts at the CDC and FDA about how to create the best face covers possible:
- ST323 Lightweight Fabric Face Cover in Heather CVC
- SC323 Lightweight Fabric Face Cover in 100% Airlume Cotton
- SF323 Daily Face Cover in Fleece
Here’s what we learned.
How to Slow the Spread
Face covers work by acting as a barrier to reduce the transmission of your respiratory droplets. While face covers don’t prevent you from getting sick, they help the virus from spreading.
That’s why everyone should wear a face cover in public, whether you’re healthy or sick. But, remember that the CDC has reported that people can spread COVID-19 even when they’re not showing symptoms. (And of course, face covers aren’t a replacement for social distancing and hand washing.)
Your cloth face covering should:
- fit comfortably, yet snugly, against the side of your face
- be secured with ties or ear loops
- allow for unrestricted breathing
- be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to its shape.
And of course, the general public shouldn’t buy medical masks (like N95s or three-ply paper surgical masks) that are in short supply. We need to reserve these masks for the medical professionals risking their lives on the front lines.
Top 5 Reasons Our Face Covers Are Game-Changers
BELLA+CANVAS face covers are comfortable, breathable, affordable and fashion-forward wellness accessories. Plus, we designed our face covers for daily wear—use it once and then toss it out.
Here are the top five reasons we’re sure you’re going to love using (and selling) our face covers.
- They’re extremely breathable. We’re confident in our product, since the CDC recommended fabric face masks to help to stop the spread of COVID-19.
In addition, independent third-party testing verified that our masks let you breathe very comfortably.
- They’re hygienic and disposable. We learned that reusable masks can be hazardous unless you wash them 100% properly. Otherwise, contaminants remain on the mask.
As a result of this risk, and the liability for companies, we’re producing single-ply masks, made with zero human touch (and no waste, since we recycle all the scraps).
We also wanted our single-ply, no-sew masks to be disposable—the most sanitary-use method. That’s why you’ll see restaurants providing a new face cover like these to every employee on each shift.
- They’re comfortable. At BELLA+CANVAS, we’re known for ultra-soft fabrications.
We’re cutting face covers from our high-quality, eco-dyed Airlume combed and ring-spun fabrics for the most lightweight, comfy feel on your skin.
A one-size-fits-most design with two ear holes and a contoured shape makes the mask versatile for many different face sizes and shapes.
- They’re affordable. Our masks are priced right—you can grab a 10-pack for the same price as many reusable fabric masks.
- They’re stylish wellness accessories. Imagine a world where everyone’s wearing a light-blue surgical mask. Talk about living in a perpetual pandemic state of mind.
We designed our face covers with aesthetics in mind. For as long as we need to wear these daily-wear wellness accessories, we should feel good in them, right?
Masks for Everyone
Listen, if we all wear face covers, we can protect each other as we get back to normal and head back into the world.
We can work together to flatten the curve. We can work together to stay healthy and happy.
Watch (and share) this video from BELLA+CANVAS x Genies about how cloth face covers help flatten the curve. #MASKSFORTHEWORLD
Resources to help:
Looking for specific product? Try our product locator.
Need to product shipped near you? Use one of our distributor partners.
Want to learn more about our USA manufacturing? Learn about our process.
Have any questions or concerns? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.